Terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) for the Unilever food solution National Day chain promotion (“promotion”)
By participating, participants are deemed to have accepted these following terms and conditions. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
I. Eligibility to enter the Promotion
1. This Promotion is carried out by Unilever Gulf FZE, P.O. Box 17055, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“Unilever”) and is open to the following Unilever customers: restaurant chains, quick service restaurants and catering operators (“Participant”) in the United Arab Emirates collectively the “Territory”).
2. Unilever reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
II. Promotion objective
1. The Participant can participate in the Promotion by purchasing minimum 10 boxes of the following products from the Unilever Food Solutions National Day Basket:
a. Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
b. Hellmann’s Real Ketchup
c. Hellmann’s Real Tabletop ketchup
d. Hellmann’s Real Tabletop Mayonnaise
e. Hellmann’s Real Tabletop Chilli
f. Hellmann’s Classic Mayonnaise
g. Knorr Tomato Powder
h. Knorr Mashed Potato Granules
i. Knorr Chicken Liquid Bouillon
j. Knorr Basil Mise En Place (the “Product(s)”)
2. The Participant shall then choose one of 7 recipes provided by Unilever in order to prepare a meal which shall be part of the Participants limited time offer during the national day 2018 (“National Day LTO”). The Participant then shall offer the National Day LTO to its end customers as part of the “National Day” activation. The first 50 (less or more as agreed with the Participant) guests to visit outlet between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM will get National Day LTO for Free across 2 outlets.
3. Unilever will support the Participant by paying a maximum of AED 45 (or the equivalent amount in the currency of the respective Territory) for the first 50 National Day LTO meals provided free of charge to the end consumer which visited the selected participating outlet during the National Day (2nd December 2018) (“National Day Activation Support”)
4. In order to claim the Participant National Day Activation Support, the Participant shall provide the number of National Day LTO meals sold from day of activation until end of month. After verification, the Participant shall receive a credit note from any of its assigned distributors which the Participant may use for additional purchases of Unilever products (“Credit Note”).
5. Entering the Promotion is considered by itself an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
III. Entrance to the promotion
1. The Promotion will start on December 2018 (“2 December 2018”) and ends on December 7 2018 (“End Date”) and the period of the Promotion will be known as the “Promotion Period”. [DA1] [BA2] [AD3]
2. Unilever reserves the right to accept the Participant or disqualify any Participant once accepted.
3. Unilever has also the right to disqualify a Participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant has breached these Terms and Conditions.
4. Noncompliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion will automatically disqualify the Participant from availing the Participant National Day Activation Support.
5. In the event that the Participant is disqualified from the Promotion or is unreachable where the Participant is entitled to the Participant National Day Activation Support, Unilever may at its sole discretion decide what to do with the Credit Note.
6. All decisions of Unilever in relation to this Promotion shall be final and binding.
IV. criteria for the participant’s National day Activation support
1. The Participant must provide evidence, to the reasonable satisfaction of Unilever, that the Participant is eligible to enter this Promotion and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
2. If receipts are required to enter this Promotion, Unilever reserves the right to keep the original receipt, make a copy of the receipt or mark any receipts used by the Participant to enter this Promotion.
3. The Credit Note collection details will be communicated to the Participant by Unilever and the Participant shall sign an acknowledgement slip provided by Unilever upon collection of the Credit Note. Unilever shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected notification or for the Participant’s unsuccessful efforts to claim the Credit Note.
4. The Credit Note provided by any of the assigned distributors of the Participant is non-negotiable, non-transferable and will not be substituted for cash or assigned to any other person for any reason whatsoever. The Credit Note shall be accepted entirely at the risk of the Participant and Unilever excludes all warranties in connection with the Credit Note to the extent permitted by law.
5. In the event that the Participant fails to collect the Credit Note or to prove his or her identity or fails to accept these Terms and Conditions, the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the Participant National Day Activation Support without any further claims against Unilever.
6. The Participant agrees to complete and execute any documentation required by Unilever, its representatives and affiliates or anyone on their behalf in order to give effect to the Participant National Day Activation Support including but not limited to certificate/affidavit of eligibility, liability release or any other document as requested by Unilever at its sole discretion. Failure by the Participant to provide completed documents within the time specified by the relevant requests of Unilever or failure to execute any other obligation specified in the present rules or requests of Unilever may result in disqualification.
7. The Participant National Day Activation Support shall be forfeited if the Participant has not executed any obligations or has not met any requirements under the Terms and Conditions and applicable laws.
8. The Participant has until 7th of January 2019 to respond and confirm sell out results of the LTO back to UFS team. If there is no reply or confirmation 7th of January 2019, the Participant will be considered as having forfeited and waiving the National Day Activation Support.
V. Promotion entity
This Promotion is administered by Unilever Gulf FZE, Unilever Food Solutions Team, P.O. Box no. 17055, Junction 13, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
VI. Intellectual Property
The Participant acknowledges that all copyrights, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips and other content on the Promotion (“Content”) are owned by Unilever and the Participant hereby agree that he or she will not reproduce or otherwise use any such intellectual property rights, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever.
VII. Force Majeure
Unilever may cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion for causes outside Unilever’s reasonable control or by any force majeure including but not limited to actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared) fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Unilever’s sole and reasonable control.
VIII. Limitation of Liability
1. Neither Unilever nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this Promotion or any of Unilever’s respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensees, licensors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using the National Day Activation Support or participating in this Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Unilever is not responsible for any defected, lost or stolen Credit Note or the misuse of the Credit Note.
2. Each Participant accepts the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Unilever and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in this Promotion. The Participant agrees, except to the extent that any personal injury or death is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or breach of these Terms and Conditions, that the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with the use, acceptance or misuse of any entry material, or while preparing for, participating in any Promotion related activity including without limitation any injury, damage, death, loss, accident to person or property, or from the respective Participant’s breach of any agreement or warranty associated with this Promotion, including these Terms and Conditions.
3. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Unilever and each of their licensees and representatives reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for any such attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1. The Participant will indemnify and hold Unilever, their subsidiary and affiliate entities and the employees, officers, directors and representatives of each harmless (including costs and attorney’s fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of access to or use of the Promotion, the violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary right, by the Participant or any third party using the Participant’s account. The Participant’s obligation under this indemnity may not be offset against any other claim.
2. All entrants release from, and indemnify Unilever against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the National Day Activation Support or participation in this Promotion including, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Unilever reserves the right at its sole discretion, without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of the Promotion including, but not limited to content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to re-commence the Promotion in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by Unilever.
2. By entering this Promotion, each Participant agrees that his or her personal data received by Unilever in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be processed for the purpose of the Promotion.
3. All entries become the property of Unilever. By entering this Promotion, each Participant consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary purposes of: administering this Promotion, passing on information to related entities and to enter into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of Unilever or the Unilever Group. Unilever regards the security of its personal information as a priority however, cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided.
4. By registering your details, the Participant agrees that his or her submitted details will be stored and used by Unilever to keep him or her informed about Unilever promotions, products and news. The Participant understands that his or her details will not be passed on or sold to any other third party without his or her prior knowledge and consent.
5. Each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Participant and Unilever and its affiliates is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Participant’s decision to participate in the Promotion does not place Unilever and its affiliates in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Participant’s participation, other than as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
6. By registering and participating in this Promotion, the Participant accepts that any dispute in relation to their participation in this event will be subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and the Participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai Courts.
7. If any provision of these rules is invalid under the laws, rules or regulations of the Territory, it will only apply to the extent permitted and adjusted as legal to satisfy Unilever’s objectives. In addition, Participants are required to abide by the applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Territory as they may pertain to participation in this Promotion.