Traditionally a Latin American flat bread, that can be eaten by its own when freshly made but as well for burritos, tacos, quesadillas and enchiladas.
All purpose flour 500 g
Salt 2 g
Baking Powder 5 g
Water 185 ml
Oil 15 ml
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl or dough mixer.
- Add oil and mix will incorporated.
- Gradually Add water on medium speed until dough is formed.
- Knead for another 5 min. until smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 24 equal pieces and roll out into a ball, rest for 15 minutes.
- on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into thin round shape tortilla.
- Cook in a medium-high heat skillet until golden brown on both sides.
- Keep in a warmer or covered with clean cloth, until all are done.