Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings with Sunomono
Here is our recipe for Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings with Sunomono (cucumber salad). Tip: Marinade the chicken wings for 24 hours for best tender results. Keep them crispy and serve with a fresh salad for contrasting textures.
- Cut the wings into buffalo wing potions and season with Knorr Chicken Stock Powder. Coat the wings in the flour, dunk in the water then back in the flour to coat well.
- Shake of any excess flour and deep fry at 160°C till golden brown and cooked through.
- Heat the Knorr Teriyaki Sauce on low heat and keep hot, once the wings have been fried dunk them in the teriyaki sauce and drain.
Sonomono (Cucumber salad):
- Slice the cucumbers thinly on the mandolin length ways, season with salt and rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the cucumber and discard the liquid. Mix the rice vinegar, sugar and soy together to make a dressing and stir through the salad.
- Stack the wings on a plate and serve the cucumber salad on the side garnishing all with the sesame seeds.