Sweet Potatoes with Toffee-Pecan Topping
This comforting side-dish of sweet potatoes can be a great addition to your holiday menu. To amp things up we’re topping it off with a maple-toffee drizzle! The pecans make for a lovely crunch and a hint of citrus background helps balance out the richness. Check out the full recipe below.
- Add 60 g of the butter to a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes add water, 160 ml milk and the salt. Cover and cook stirring often to coat.
- Once tender, mash with potato masher – adjust texture with remaining milk if desired. Portion into 10 ramekins, cover and set aside.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add butter, maple syrup and Carte D'or Toffee Topping and heat through.
- Add pecans and finish with Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder.
- Serve sauce immediately over warm sweet potatoes.